Foreplay Coffee only happens a few times a year, so come join us on the outdoor patio opposite Ralphs and Trader Joe's (And directly in front of Chiefy Cafe) at The Hub in Hillcrest. Meet fellow kinksters, pervs, and Leatherfolk or catch up with old friends as you socialize in this relaxed atmosphere. This is a great opportunity to make some last-minute additions to your dance card for the party on Saturday.
Club X membership is not required to attend.
If you do join us, please make sure to clean up after yourselves.
Where to grab a beverage and munchies?
Starbucks kiosk (inside Ralph's) - coffee, tea.
Ralph's deli/bakery - prepared food, snacks, bottled drinks.
Trader Joe's - prepared food, snacks, bottled drinks.
Lestat's Hillcrest (across the street) - coffee, tea, Italian sodas, food, snacks (some vegan options).
Lalo's Tacos (a block east) - Mexican food, sodas.
Starbucks (in the same lot as Lalo's) - coffee, tea, snacks.
McDonald's (University and Richmond) - food, sodas.
Other restaurants open and close all the time. Be sure to check business hours, takeout/drive thru availability, and open/closed status.
- Accessibility: ADA compliant; patio is subject to crowding depending on the event (e.g., Club X coffee social). Limited rain shelter available near building.
- Restrooms: CUSTOMER RESTROOMS are available in Trader Joe's, Ralph's, Lestat's Hillcrest, and Tacaliente.
- Lighting: Sunlight by day, fluorescent by night.
- Smoking: Areas with ashcans on patio.
- Parking: Limited 2-hour parking in the ground-level lot; underground parking available for visits longer than 2 hours, subject to attendance (get to ground level via stairs, Ralph’s escalator ramp, or elevator near Ralph's side door).
- Transit access: Served directly by bus routes 1, 10, and 11 at University and Vermont Street; northbound bus route 120 at 10th and University; buses 7 and 215 about 1/2 mile away at Park and University. NOTE: MARATHONS AND PARADES THAT RUN THROUGH HILLCREST WILL CUT OFF TRANSIT ACCESS ON UNIVERSITY AVE.
- Other: Where to grab a beverage and munchies? There is a Starbucks kiosk inside Ralph's. Ralph's also has a bakery and prepared food in addition to the groceries. Trader Joe's is next door to Ralph's and great for snacks, prepared cold food, and bottled drinks. Lestat's Hillcrest (coffee shop) is across the street, Tacaliente a block east, a standalone Starbucks in the same lot as Tacaliente, and McDonald's on University and Richmond. Note that restaurants open and close down all the time, especially now. Be sure to check business hours, takeout/drive thru availability, and open/closed status.
While COVID-19 continues to circulate globally, currently there is significantly less risk of severe illness, hospitalization and death compared to earlier in the pandemic.
Club X encourages its members and guests to be vaccinated if possible to Covid-19 and to be current on their booster shots as applicable, to protect themselves against serious illness, hospitalization, and death.
Club X encourages members to consider wearing high-quality masks if they are at elevated risk, as a courtesy to others, and as a matter of personal responsibility, we request anyone who has been knowingly exposed to Covid-19 wear a high quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5 as recommended by the current CDC guidelines.
Do not attend Club X in-person events if you know or suspect you are Covid positive, or otherwise ill, and isolate in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Club X reserves the right to require masking at an event if requested by the presenter. We will designate such events with “masks required” in the title.
This policy is subject to change by the board as local, state and national conditions warrant it.
However, the food and drink locations mentioned may enforce their own masking policy.