Sex, Power, and Punishment in the Middle Ages
This is a presentation examining the role of kink in the medieval era, how it survives in modern BDSM, and ways we can bring the past into roleplay today. Come learn some kinky history!
Troy is a former fetish worker who's been active in the San Diego kink community since 2015 and in medieval reenactment since 2014. He is a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism's Calafia Courtesans Guild and currently most aligns with being a masochist, service Top, and edge player.
Attendees must present valid, physical government-issued identification for entry. The identification must include the attendee's legal first and last name as well as birthdate.
While COVID-19 continues to circulate globally, currently there is significantly less risk of severe illness, hospitalization and death compared to earlier in the pandemic.
Club X encourages its members and guests to be vaccinated if possible to Covid-19 and to be current on their booster shots as applicable, to protect themselves against serious illness, hospitalization, and death.
Club X encourages members to consider wearing high-quality masks if they are at elevated risk, as a courtesy to others, and as a matter of personal responsibility, we request anyone who has been knowingly exposed to Covid-19 wear a high quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5 as recommended by the current CDC guidelines.
Do not attend Club X in-person events if you know or suspect you are Covid positive, or otherwise ill, and isolate in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Club X reserves the right to require masking at an event if requested by the presenter. We will designate such events with “masks required” in the title.
This policy is subject to change by the board as local, state and national conditions warrant it.
- Accessibility: Event space is ADA compliant.
- Restrooms: ADA compliant, gendered restrooms with multiple stalls. Shared with restaurant next door. Door to restrooms requires a big pull. Door will lock from the hallway side if it falls shut, and you'll have to go out and around or get someone to open the door from the Joyce Beers side.
- Lighting: Fluorescent.
- Smoking: Permitted outside.
- Parking: Limited 2-hour parking in the ground-level lot; underground parking available for visits longer than 2 hours, subject to attendance (get to ground level via stairs, Ralph’s escalator ramp, or elevator near Ralph's side door).
- Transit access: Served directly by bus routes 1, 10, and 11 on University and Vermont; bus route 120 at 10th and University; buses 7 and 215 about 1/2 mile away at Park and University. NOTE: MARATHONS AND PARADES THAT RUN THROUGH HILLCREST WILL CUT OFF TRANSIT ACCESS ON UNIVERSITY AVE.